-
June 11th, 2004, 08:04 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I like the site on building ghillies at www.geocities.com/stalker217/ghillie. It is a very informative site and does a great job of showing the reader how to construct a ghillie from scratch, but as a former member of HM Armed Forces in the UK and having qualified as a sniper I feel the need to correct the author on one small detail: The main reason for not wanting to use mud as a camouflage medium is simply because mud dries with your body heat and thus changes appearance which can ruin the illusion that your camouflage is trying to create...don't get me wrong, there is a large amount of bacteria in mud especially the type that causes Tetanus but I have always been taught that the main reason is purely because of the fact that mud dries and changes in appearance (it also cracks when dry and falls off...leaving large areas of exposed skin). I hope I didn't offend by appearing to question the experience or qualifications of the author because that was not my intent... I merely wanted to add a little insight is all.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks